Pages

Nov 12, 2011

Song Joong Ki Prepared to Become An Announcer and PD Before Debut


Actor Song Joong Ki revealed a shocking surprise that he was preparing his career as an announcer and a PD before his debut.

The actor’s “prince” image may give off the assumption that he had no job worries—especially when he is nicknamed “mom’s friend’s son” (popular slang in Korean used for young males who is perfect in every way, whether in studies or appearances). His character change in “My Penny-Pinching Romance” surprised many viewers after his past melodramatic roles.

However Song Joong Ki admitted that he too, had worries about his career life: “I thought about a lot what to do in life before I became an actor. I even studied journalism. I prepared to become both an announcer and a PD at the same time.”

“When I finally prepared to become an actor I still had worries because being an actor is still a job in a way. After a year of getting ready, I was not so sure if it was the right path for me especially because I was already attending a decent university. People around me began to question why I would give it up to become a celebrity, because of this I tried hard not to get it into me.”

About his surfaced graduation picture he commented, “My friend kept telling me that if I did not take the picture then, I never would. So I hurriedly took it without getting ready. I gave my best effort to graduate college.”

Song Joong Ki stated that he also enjoyed his college life as a student before his debut as much as he could. He participated in numerous volunteer opportunities but his grades began to plummet the moment he appeared onscreen. He added, “I regret not focusing more on my studies.”

Meanwhile, “My Penny-Pinching Romance” starring Song Joong Ki and Han Ye Seul will premier on November 10.

Source: Soompi

No comments:

Post a Comment